query (cache) denied messages

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:07:48 UTC 2008

I have two name servers - Lets call it NS1 and NS2. NS1 is
authoritative and NS2 is cache-only.
The logs are seen on NS1's syslog.

I also tried using category lame-servers {null; }; to suppress the
messages with NO luck.

NS1's named.conf is something like this:

options {
 recursion no;
};

zone "supportedzone1" {
allow-query {blah; };
};

// Root zone is commented out as per response requirement. db.root is
unused
// zone "." { ... }

NS2's named.conf is something like this:

options {
  recursion yes;
};

zone "." {
  file "db.root";
};

// Contents of db.root on NS2 is as follows

<SOA BLOCK for . zone> (
                                         )
                                         NS NS1
NS1  A 1.2.3.4