Trying again

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Wed Apr 9 23:48:20 UTC 2008

What is the problem?

> From: "Bob Hoffman" <bob at bobhoffman.com>
> To: <bind-users at isc.org>
> Subject: Trying again
> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:53:19 -0400
>
> Can't seem to get this to go to the mail list....one more time.
>
> Just to go over this, anyone want to elaborate....
>

> Linux OS.
> Webserver
> Redhat
> Bind9
> Both nameservers on the same server as the sites.
>
> /Etc/hosts list the local server
> /etc/resovle list the nameservers (in this case they are both on the same
> server)
>
> Named.conf each website will have one authorative and one nonauthorative
> nameserver listed and one for the resolve address
>
> Zone files - one zone file for each site and for the resolve address
>
> Named.root/ca not needed
>
> Ta da ?

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
2655 Seely Ave M/S 9A1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."