NS will not update

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Wed Apr 9 18:42:18 UTC 2008

Chris, thanks for the reply, I actually just figured that out and that is
exactly what it was. I had to add also-notify in order to make it work.

There goes a day and a half on something stupid.

Thanks,

Paul

P.A > -----Original Message-----
P.A > From: bind-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounce at isc.org] On
P.A > Behalf Of Chris Buxton
P.A > Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:57 PM
P.A > To: BIND Users Mailing List
P.A > Subject: Re: NS will not update
P.A >
P.A > It sounds to me like the notifies aren't reaching server A at all.
P.A > What server is listed in the SOA record's first data field, the master
P.A > server name? Notifies will not be sent to that server.
P.A >
P.A > If that's not it, put a packet sniffer (e.g. wireshark) on the slave
P.A > and see where it's sending notifies. If it's sending notifies to the
P.A > slave (server A), put a sniffer on that server to see if they're
P.A > reaching it.
P.A >
P.A > Also, check your logging settings on each server. The default logging
P.A > statement, if none is specified, should log incoming notifies on the
P.A > slave, whether they are accepted or rejected.
P.A >
P.A > Chris Buxton
P.A > Professional Services
P.A > Men & Mice