queries to DNS server

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Sun Sep 30 04:43:10 UTC 2007

Kevin:

Am I the only one that is receiving multiple copies of these messages?
I must have received, at least, 5 copies of this entire thread...

Regards,
GRegory Hicks

> From: Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com>
> Subject: Re: queries to DNS server
> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:48:54 -0400
> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
>
> Koehler, Charles wrote:
> > I am looking to turn recursion off and allow access to our internal
> > customers. Because we have a large, unknown, number of
> > students/staff/faculty that use ISPs and still have our servers set
in
> > them statically I need to determine how many there are.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this with BIND?
> >
> Is your question "how do I tell who is querying my nameserver"? If so,
> the answer is to turn on query logging. See the "Logging" section of
the
> documentation for how to configure that within named.conf.
>
> - Kevin
>

> ..
>

> .

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."