Resolver timeouts, EDNS and networking

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:04:00 UTC 2007

Here are few  more things to check:
1. Are you running BIND 9.2.x on the forwarders? If it is BIND 9.2,
then forwarders
are not intelligent - if the first forwarder is unresponsive (or slow
for some reason),
then all subsequent queries blindly goes to the first forwarders
before attempting the
next ones.
2. Your resolver contents - too many zones in search ?
3. also use nslookup -d2 -swtrace as a command line to query.

My 2 cents
Blr