Problems with our migration from MS to BIND this weekend

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Tue Sep 25 05:07:43 UTC 2007

Ryan McCain skrev, on 24-09-2007 17:47:
> While doing the change I came across conflicting information on whether underscores are permitted.  We do use Active Directory and many of it's SRV records use underscores.  Is this a problem?
>
> Does anything special need to be done in BIND to get it to work w/ Active Directory?

Out-of-the box Bind 9.2 thru 9.4 has no problem with underscore SRV
records (required for Kerberos details) or TXT records (required for
Domainkey and DKIM details). But I had a hell of a job initially in
getting our large Dutch ISP to change his system to accept entering of
underscores in TXT records, he didn't want to at all, did in the end.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl