chaching is possible on dns-ldap?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Sep 19 08:33:38 UTC 2007

Quoting "S Kalyanasundaram" <skalyanasundaram at novell.com>:

> Is there any caching planned on dns-ldap integration ?

I haven't added it to my TODO (never thought of it :) and I don't
even know if it's possible.

But add a report on http://bugs.bayour.com (project bind9-ldap),
and I'll have a look at it when I get some time over...

If you can supply a patch, even better! :)

> In case if the ldap server is down DNS server wont
> be able to perform any query resolution in this case.

In my opinion, that's not bind9-ldap's fault, it's the administrators :)
But i get your point. If someone wants to do this (and it's possbile),
I want the cache to be used _only_ if the LDAP server(s) can't be reached
for X attempts...
--
Rule Psix AK-47 terrorist $400 million in gold bullion radar Honduras
fissionable Nazi munitions PLO Noriega domestic disruption class