Best GUI tool for managing BIND 9.x

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Wed Sep 12 20:36:37 UTC 2007

It is quite normal to update zone files while the service is running.
After editing the file, simply execute this command:

rndc reload zone.name

named will load in the updated zone and, with newer versions, will
create or update the journal file to reflect the changes you've made.
(This is done to support incremental zone transfers to slaves.)

Note that if you get an error stating the zone is dynamic, but you do
not have any allow-update statements, look for an update-policy
statement instead.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice