Best GUI tool for managing BIND 9.x

David Nolan vitroth+ at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 11 19:14:53 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Ryan McCain <Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us> wrote:
> BTW, We are talking about 10 zones or so here. Nothing too crazy.

How many entries in those zones?  How many subnets?   How many people
do you plan to delegate dns control to, and how experienced are they
with DNS administration?

Carnegie Mellon's NetReg is designed as a full privilege delegation
system, designed to allow untrained users to create their own
registrations for new hosts, etc.  It also performs validation of
content and prevents various common DNS mistakes.

But it does have a steep learning curve and isn't trivial to get
setup.  (Which is why I do consulting... :)

You might want to look at the other options on this list as well:
http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/apc/#mgmt

(Not all of those are GUI, but its a place to start...)

-David