Best GUI tool for managing BIND 9.x

Andrew Armstrong andrew at chattanooga.net
Tue Sep 11 17:27:19 UTC 2007

At the moment we are using a version of probind2 that I have customized
to allow user security and user assigned zones. If you are not familiar
with probind2 it is a web based php and mysql interface for managing
your zone files and your DNS servers. It works by pushing changes to the
remote DNS servers using sftp and ssh keys and it has worked pretty well
for my needs.

http://probind2.sourceforge.net/

 From the admin standpoint this product did everything I needed but we
have lots of domains that belong to our customers that would like to
manage them so I needed something that would allow them to log in and
only see their domains. I modified the original project to include these
features. Right now as it stands the users can log in and make updates
but only admins can push these changes to the servers. I intend to
modify the push routine to only push the changes to the users assigned
domains but I have yet to do this.

If you find this product meets your needs and would like to try and
integrate my changes please let me know and I will provide more details.

Andrew Armstrong
Chattanooga Online
andrew at chattanooga.net
423-267-8867 Ext. 303