Unable to look up zone sencia.ca [BIND 8.4].

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Oct 13 20:04:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:17:00PM -0400,
 Jeff Wark <jwark at tbaytel.net> wrote
 a message of 43 lines which said:

> I should make a note as well.  Each time we experience trouble with
> this customer, they have taken a name server of theirs offline to
> move it.  Sometimes it is for a few minutes, sometimes for a couple
> hours.  However, once one of their servers is offline, we seem to be
> stuck and unable to look up their hosted domains.

sencia.ca has only two name servers, which is the strict minimum and
may be not enough in case of bad luck.

Worse, the "expire" parameter is only one day which means that, if the
master is down for one full day, even is the slave is up, it won't
reply. "expire" is typically set to several weeks.