problem after upgrading bind.

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Mon Oct 8 20:02:37 UTC 2007

On 8 Oct 2007, at 18:23, mark evans wrote:

> Obviously if you try to resolve the name using the slave you get
> nothing.  The
> Master is and working. I do have the slave IP in the allow-transfer
> option.
> Does anyone have any tips to help he resolve this issue?

	Can you use dig on the slave to confirm that the master is reachable
	and responding both to small queries and to zone transfer requests ?

% dig @master.host.name somedomain.com soa

% dig @master.host.name somedomain.com axfr

	If you use TSIG to protect zone transfers, you had better take care
	that the master and slave have their clocks synchronized.

	Look to your logs.

	Have the sysadmin of the master look to the logs there and, ideally,
	share the relevant bits with you.

	That should put you on the right track.

	Good luck.

	/Niall