How do you guys keep your zones up to date?

Curt Sampson cjs at cynic.net
Sat Oct 6 06:39:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Suppose it depends on how large your domain count is. Up to 30+ domains
> with slaves I've always used vi on the masters. No sweat, minimal time
> on Bind, maximal time on other things.

Same here, with perhaps a few neat tweaks:

     1. I have a script that deals with the zone signing for my
     DNSSEC zones, including decrypting the signing keys (which are
     PGP-encrypted).

     2. Everything is in subversion, of course.

     3. I have a makefile that knows how to test my changes before I
     commit them.

So the usual cycle is: change, sign, test, commit, move to production
server, update, test, reload.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs at cynic.net>         +81 90 7737 2974