Quota error message

Justin Scott jscott at gravityfree.com
Fri Nov 30 18:35:22 UTC 2007

I am running BIND 9.4.2 on Windows Server 2003 and am having some
trouble with domain transfers.  Everything will run fine for a while and
eventually I start seeing errors like this:

AXFR request denied: quota reached

When those start showing up it will not perform any zone transfer
operations (incoming or outgoing).  So my questions are:  1) What does
this error mean internally, 2) Is there a config option I can use to
increase this quota, and 3) Are there other steps I can take to minimize
this issue.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Justin Scott