Root for private network

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Nov 27 20:51:25 UTC 2007

Laurent Archambault wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a great private network without internet, and for compare actually
> configuration of my ROOT(2) to classic ROOT internet,
> is it possible to have a example of named.conf for make a good ROOT.
> And it's not for hack an root...no !

As far as named.conf goes, you define it like you would define any other
master zone.

Beyond that, just observe the general rule that a given zone can only be
defined once within named.conf, i.e. if you're master or slave for the
root zone, you can't also define it as "type hint" or any other type
(stub, forward).

                              - Kevin