Vista machines DOSing our bind servers

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 19:25:51 UTC 2007

Hi!

This is not bogus traffic. Vista is attempting to discover local ISATAP
routers which it can use to route ISATAP IPv6 datagrams. It will look
for the name isatap in all of the domains in your search list.

You can disable this from the command prompt thus:

netsh interface ipv6 isatap set state state=disabled

If you are not using ISATAP this will not cause you any problems.

Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78