Query Denied bind 9.4

Dean Clapper dclapper at universitycoop.com
Mon Nov 26 17:17:05 UTC 2007

I turned off allow-query from "any" to just internals.  While I was watching
the message logs I keep on getting the same message from outside
sources.

client 212.17.192.45#53: query 'UTC.UNIV-COOP.AUSTIN.TX.US/A/IN'
denied

They are trying to query the same name over and over.  However it is
different clients from the outside.  The same machine is also the mail
server.

Is the reason this is happening because they are trying to find our domain to
send emails?  However, we are currently getting emails?

thanks
DC