BIND forward to Windows DNS

Rutger Blom rutger.blom at svalov.se
Fri Nov 9 18:56:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

We have a BIND server which is authoritative for zone "company.com". After some
years we implemented Microsoft AD with its own DNS server in its own
zone "ad.company.com". The Microsoft server is authoritative for
"ad.company.com"

Now we want clients that have the BIND server as their configured DNS
server to be able to resolve hosts in the "ad.company.com" zone. I
thought this was done by configuring a forward zone "ad.company.com" on the BIND
server, alternatively use the "forwarders" option. However, neither of these methods seem to work.

Is there something I am missing here?

Kind regards,
Rutger Blom