help with bind

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Tue Nov 6 11:24:48 UTC 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer skrev, on 06-11-2007 10:03:

> [We are drifting quite far away from BIND. This is a basic RedHat
> issue. I suggest to ask on a RedHat mailing list instead.]
>
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:09:10PM +0530,
>  Agnello George <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 27 lines which said:
>
>> I have the following bind package installed on my system .
>> [root at mailmaster bind-9.4.1-P1]# rpm -qa |grep bind
>
> This is a binary package. If you want to recompile, you need to get
> the source package (".srpm").

1: Adam didn't tell OP that his is the only 9.4.1-P1 srpm available for
Red Hat-derived systems, nor where to find it:
http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/;

2: If OP doesn't know what an srpm is, what to do with it (including
modifying the spec file) then he has a serious problem which is beyond
the scope of this list.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw