SPF on 9.4.1 now?

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Mon May 21 14:03:49 UTC 2007

J.D. Bronson wrote:
> It seems to me I recall 9.4.1 supports SPF directly within the zone?
> If so, instead of using something like this:
>
> TXT     "v=spf1 mx ptr -all"
>
> do we now also use:
>
> SPF     "v=spf1 mx ptr -all" ?
>
> I cant find anything on this and google was usless...so I thought i
> would ask right here..

Yes.  And the record format is identical to the TXT record format.

Although, for now, you should put in both.  Folks using older versions
of various SPF validation software floating around do not yet lookup SPF
(type 99) records, and this is further complicated by the fact that
certain DNS implementations do not respond at all to a query for an SPF
record type (again, of the type 99 variety), which causes a significant
timeout issue.  :-/

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com