intelligent NAMED

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Fri May 18 07:22:08 UTC 2007

I honestly don't know if there is, although if one exists it may be
architecture specific.

Quite apart from the technical issue of "can it be applied?", is the
management issue of "how do I keep that many IP addresses up to date?".
Subnets should reduce this number substantially, but you'll need to generate
these via your database query.

I must reiterate my earlier thoughts that you appear to be solving a simple
problem with an overly complicated solution. Perhaps you could tell us why
you want to have the responses separated. If its performance only, perhaps
use one of the many load balancing solutions available in the market today.
If its  simply presentation differences on a web site, then having a generic
web site that allows someone to preset locality via a cookie for future
visits, will save you substantial effort over maintaining such a big list of
IPs.

As for posting to the list, check the subscribed email and your preset
"from" address, they need to be the same. I sometimes make that mistake with
the different mail clients I use.

HTH

--
Kal Feher