bind9 is taking little Breaks for Some Reason.

Matthew Schlosser mschlosser at eschelon.com
Tue May 15 17:19:16 UTC 2007

When the event is happening, can you connect to the system?  We had a series
of Dell 1655 blades acting as DNS servers that would take a break for no
apparent reason.  However, the entire network connection would drop for 30
seconds, not just BIND.  It turned out to be an issue with the NIC's
specific Broadcom chip set, not BIND itself, but BIND would trigger it.

-Matt