nsupdate .jnl files and flushing

J.D. Bronson jbronson-news at wixb.com
Mon May 7 19:27:44 UTC 2007

I was wondering if there is any setting/tweak to get Bind9 to write
the .jnl file any faster than 'when it gets around to it'...I am sure
there is some specific time, but it always seems to vary for me.

I have noticed if a client is updating bind9 too fast, bind9 will
accept the updates but never answer with the new IP until I do an
RNDC FLUSH or restart named...

so, I was looking for a tweak or something to work around this.
As long as there is a decent interval within the nsupdates, there is no issue.

-JD