DNS timeout problems

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu May 3 14:14:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:31:26AM +0530,
 satish patel <satishp at tulipit.com> wrote
 a message of 10 lines which said:

> I have bind 9.2.4 i have losts of problem of timeout when cache not
> updated so why this happend

Details are needed. 'dig +trace' output, traceroute tests to see if it
is a layer 3 problem, etc. You provide far too few information.

> some author ans me the problem is ipv6 caz A and B root server
> support ipv6 due to query delay problem

Sorry, but the above sentence is extremely difficult to parse. Please
spend more time writing.

The only thing I can say is that the person that informed you is quite
clueless. A-root has *no* IPv6 support. None of the root name servers
publish its IPv6 address (even when there is one).