newbie need help to configure own DNS

J.Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Wed May 2 12:12:45 UTC 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:44:42AM +0530,
>  J.Bakshi <joydeep at infoservices.in> wrote
>  a message of 112 lines which said:
>

>> it is opendingo.com and it is pointing to my server.
>>

> I doubt it, opendingo.com's name servers are domaindiscount24.net's
> machines and I do not think that domaindiscount24 are your servers.

You are right,  mine is not domaindiscount24.net. it is just a remote
linux server where I have the root access.
regarding the name server, I have not registered opendingo.com but my
office has given me that domain just to do
'some work with webmin and bind. Even I have no authority to change the
name server etc....