Using bind in cooperation with LDAP

Stefan Schmidt s.schmidt--bind at mcbone.net
Fri Mar 30 13:02:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:34:18PM -0500, mjn wrote:
> I've looked at packages like bind-DLZ and bind-sdb that allow one to
> store DNS in ldap but I don't think that's quite what I am after; I
> don't want to put large amounts of the DNS info into LDAP.
> 1. Our x500 zone is "special.umn.edu"

PowerDNS [1] has native support for an LDAP backend [2] and i think it
has support for the customization you are looking for, so if you would
run BIND9 for the rest and just delegate special.umn.edu to some
PowerDNS nameservers that should be fairly easy to set up.

[1] http://www.powerdns.com/en/downloads.aspx
[2] http://doc.powerdns.com/ldap.html

	Stefan
--
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.