Is it possible to forward dns queries if unable to contact a DNS server?

Paul England pengland at wxc.co.nz
Thu Mar 29 22:21:30 UTC 2007

Thank you for your suggestions Dawn,

Forward First - This option would work however it would increase our DNS
query times dramatically and would make our current DNS servers
redundant,

Forwarding specific zones would be rather tedious and can only be done
after figuring out which zones are running an outdated Bogons list,

However your suggestion regarding outbound NAT is something we hadn't
considered, unfortunately we don't own any other IP space but it is
definitely a good idea..

Again thanks for your ideas,

Paul England
Auckland, New Zealand