Sharing addresses

F GV fgv1000 at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Mar 22 16:44:59 UTC 2007

Ok, i understand DNS is not a restrictive method and now i understand what for are "views".
What i really wanted to say is that i have to show part of my ip addresses (services) to 32 DNS Servers, all of them with their own Internet providers.....

Those 32 servers want this addresses like a replica of my server, to resolv their queries faster. Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced again.

> Thanks in advance for answering.
> What options do i have, if i have to show part of my ip addresses (services)
> to 32 servers, all of them with their own Internet providers only with
> firewall permissions to access my services:
>
> 1. Configure views?
> 2. Configure one server only with that information i want to share them via
> slave servers?
>
> Maybe is an impossible question but i have to know.
> Thanks.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  Why don't you just publish the
DNS normally, and use your firewall to restrict accesss to the services?
Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA