DNS PTR Records subnet

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Mar 15 17:48:00 UTC 2007

For subnets's (well actually, VLSM/CIDR 'supernets' tehnically) smaller
than /16 and larger than /24, I've always used individual zones.  Of
course, by the time you get that big, you may consider dynamically
generating your zones from a database

HTH,
~BAS

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Sangoi, Nehal (GE Supply, consultant) wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I define my reverse record zone files for the subnet like
> "3.160.232.0/22"
>
> should it be "160.3.in-addr.arpa"
>
> or should it be like
> "235.160.3.in-addr.arpa"
> "234.160.3.in-addr.arpa"
> "232.160.3.in-addr.arpa"
>

> Please suggest.
>

> Thanks
> Nehal

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."