NAPTR issue with HPUX

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue Mar 13 16:08:40 UTC 2007

Did you really mean to write BIND 9.0? Really?

I can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess that BIND 9.0 (if that's
really what you're using) is the problem. RHAS 4 uses BIND 9.2.4, a
much more recent vintage that has a much better chance of supporting
NAPTR records.

The NAPTR record is relatively new. You should see error messages in
your logs on the HP/UX server that tell you why the zone is being
rejected. For example, an unknown record type.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice