BIND sending quesries to 127.0.0.2?

Pascal Hambourg pascal.mail at plouf.fr.eu.org
Thu Mar 1 18:16:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

Wiley Sanders a écrit :

> I need to reread the RFC and figure out whether I need to convince the
> people running my routers that 127.0.0.2 is not a routable IP address.

RFC 1122 (IPv4 Hosts), 1700 (Assigned Numbers), 1812 (IPv4 Routers) :
       (g)   {127, <any>}

          Internal host loopback address.  Should never appear outside
          a host.

RFC 3330 (Special IPv4 Addresses) :
  127.0.0.0/8 - This block is assigned for use as the Internet host
loopback address. A datagram sent by a higher level protocol to an
address anywhere within this block should loop back inside the host.
This is ordinarily implemented using only 127.0.0.1/32 for loopback, but
no addresses within this block should ever appear on any network anywhere.

> Solaris, and probably a lot of other OS, will route everything on
> 127./8 except 127.0.0.1 via the default route.

Incredible.