log rotation

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Wed Jun 27 04:25:21 UTC 2007

Clenna Lumina skrev, on 26-06-2007 23:47:

> Out of curiosity is it better to use bind's rotation mechanism over
> logrotate if you have that on your system, or does it not really matter?

I'm a Red Hat logrotate freak (addict) and moreover have syslog-ng (rpm,
of course) running on all of my important production machines for
fine-grained control.

However, the one exception is bind, it does a fine job on its own (have
multiple log files for different purposes) and using logrotate would
simply be redundant and lead to more compulsory administration on my part.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl