Tired of failing DNS queries

Wael Shahin wael.shahin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:10:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 09:32 -0600, Bill Larson wrote:

> Again, this is an issue with the providers, not you.  I realize that
> this won't help you deal with your users, but they need to understand
> that you can't fix everything.

I don't blame neither my clients or my Configuration for failed quires.
It make sense to a non-technical when he connects to one ISP and found
that X website does not work, while the same website works with another
ISP.

Thank you, I appreciate the the time you have kindly taken to respond
and elaborate.

> Good luck,
>
> Bill Larson

> > on BIND bind-9.2.4-16.EL4 this allow query worked and still working
> > properly. now the same configuration with BIND 9.4.1 and I can
> > query the
> > DNS from non-trusted sources and of course the DNS will reply with the
> > records if they were cached or refer to the zones name servers if not.
> > on bind-9.2.4-16.EL4 it says query refused

Any one would like to comment on this ^^

Regards,
Wael