allow query / allow recursion confusion

Clenna Lumina savagebeaste at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 00:10:10 UTC 2007

Kal Feher wrote:
>> Then the ARM (manual?) is incorrect, at least for 9.3.4, which is
>> what I'm using.
> Here is the link to the options (for 9.3) section of the ARM
> (Administrator Reference Manual... yes its the BIND manual).
>
> http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm93/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2554668
>
> I understand why you think "recursion no" should do what you're
> saying, unfortunately BIND's documentation contradicts you.
>
> Feel free to log a bug if you've found behaviour that contradicts its
> assertions regarding recursive look ups.

Could you please offer me an exaplination as to why my setup does
exactly as I said it does? I repeat, no queries, weather chache or not,
come back on the outside ("external"), but thye do on the internal. I've
even confirmed this using two completely seperate ssh-logged in remote
systems.

Again I'm using Bind 9.3.4 on RH Linux.

--
CL