xx

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Thu Jun 21 13:02:14 UTC 2007

"Clenna Lumina" <savagebeaste at yahoo.com> wrote:

>With all due respect, why on earth would you want ot use Windows DNS
>over Bind for a master? AFAIK, Win DNS <=> Bind can be very problematic
>from what I have read.

What you have read must be old.  I have been running an MS DNS Server
as a master for AD with BIND slaves.  I had initial problems in 1999,
but after some MS fixes in 2000, I have had few problems.

As to why this configuration?  BIND does not yet support the MS GSS-TSIG
authorization for secure dynamic DDNS (as "required" by Active
Directory).  I have around 45 zones on the MS W2k+3 DNS Server.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov