Problem with rndc.key (invalid key)

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Jun 14 17:06:40 UTC 2007

Since you added the controls statement referencing the key, did you
also add the key statement to named.conf? Make sure to add it before
the controls statement.

rndc.key is only read in the absence of a controls statement. And
named does not read the other configuration file, rndc.conf.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice