Configuring DNS in Fedora core 6

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Mon Jun 11 16:09:26 UTC 2007

> With that settings my dns are communicating to each other where by the
> master transfer zone files to slave with no prob,
> Now,i installed my slave dns with fedora core 6 is where i am getting
> confusion with named.conf files as they are about two:-
> cmd find / -name named.conf, get the following result
> /etc/dbus-1/system.d/named.conf
> /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/named.conf
> /usr/share/doc/bind-9.3.4/sample/etc/named.conf
> /usr/share/system-config-bind/profiles/default/named.conf
>
> The file /usr/share/doc/bind-9.3.4/sample/etc/named.conf and the file
> /usr/share/system-config-bind/profiles/default/named.conf one of them is
> the file to deal with configuration....can someone help me which one is
> the correct file? regarding with the above intro on how my dns used to
> work?
> regards!

There's no named.conf already on the system in FC6.  Instead there's
a minimal version called /var/named/chroot/etc/named.caching-nameserver.conf
(or something similar).

I think if /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf exists and is symlinked to
/etc/named.conf, then that will be used instead when named is run at boot
time.

Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.