Installation problem on Windows XP

Simon Renshaw simon at castortech.com
Wed Jun 6 17:41:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest version of bind but I'm having some
problems.

I want to install it on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine that is part of a
domain.

I've read the readme file where it states that I need to use a user with
restricted rights to install it.

First, I created a normal user in the domain and I tried to log with it.
I got a "unable to create service account" error.

Then I created a local restricted user on the machine and I still got
the "unable to create service account" error.

I've looked at the site and the doc but I haven't found detailed
installation instructions.

So, what should I do?

Thanks!
Simon