bind 9.4.1: bug or feature?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Tue Jul 24 21:56:14 UTC 2007

> 	It's also how the DNS was designed to be used.
>
> 	Forward zones should be the exception not the rule.
>
> 	Mark

It's not about making forwarding the rule. But there are cases (like here when I have to delegate through a firewall and have only a point-to-point connection between the two DNS-servers which is allowed by the firewall) when you need a forwarding.

And for these cases I think it would be worth to consider, if it would be possible that the named writes a warning-logmessage when it is reading its configuration, that there is a forwarding zone which is never to be used (because of the missing NS-record).

Tom.