Question about release numbering policy

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 09:06:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've got quick question about new policy. Announce about new schema
(http://marc.info/?l=bind-announce&m=118497168628201&w=2) says that
version should be
${architecture}.${major}.${minor}${release_type}${release_ver} (if I
understand correctly :) ). But today released tarballs has '-' character
between miror and release_type characters (9.4.1-P1 should be 9.4.1P1).
Yes, I could look like pedantic person but when you put '-' into your
release it makes small problems (really small :) ) on OS vendor side. It
would be nice substitute '-' with nothing or with neutral '.'

Adam