retries exceeded error

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Sat Jul 14 08:15:29 UTC 2007

On 13 Jul 2007, at 17:10, Vimal Joseph wrote:

> Also I have added a zone to my bind configuration. And bind is
> resolving that domain. (dig @my.nameserver domain.org) but no other
> nameservers can resolve that domain.

	This indicates that your domain is not delegated.  That is,
	the NS record which should point to your server is missing
	or incorrect.

> The NS at the domain registrar is
> pointing to my.nameserver (whois domain.org shows that). Please help
> me solving this problem

	Whois doesn't show anything about how any particular name server
	is configured.  It shows administrative records which may
	correspond to the "reality" of the name servers -- or not.

	As Chris said, "need real data".

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9