Problem with some domains and some domain resolved

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Jul 11 09:04:50 UTC 2007

On 10 Jul 2007, at 21:39, Dawn Connelly wrote:
> no more recursive clients: quota reached usually indicates that
> your DNS
> server is overloaded. [ ... ] that means that something is DoS'ing
> your server.
	In our environment, this kind of overload is typically due to loss
	of a network link.  We have a couple of outlying campuses with only
	one link.  Local clients continue making requests, but the
	resolving server can't reach any authority for the names queried.
	The queue just grows until the limit is reached.  Tuning the limit
	in these circumstances has only a cosmetic effect.

	I would suggest checking connectivity, routing, firewalls, and
	so on.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9