Records

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jan 23 02:32:41 UTC 2007

> Suppose  that we control the domain .ff , we have this case:
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS  ns.company.com.
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS  ns2.company.com.
>
> And other user wants:
> network.ff.   IN NS ns1.hanglink.com.ff.
> network.ff.   IN NS ns2.hanglink.com.ff.
>

> ns.company.com and ns1.hanglink.com.ff are cnames, same ns2.company.com and
> ns2.haglink.com.ff are cnames, what are the records that we must define as
> TLD?, because
> the user tells us that network.ff do not works, and he wants that define the
> IN A
> records

	Nameservers CANNOT be CNAME's.  Nameservers MUST be A and/or
	AAAA records.

> I help him including this:
>
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS  ns.company.com.
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS  ns2.company.com.
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS ns1.hanglink.com.ff.
> hanglink.com.ff.  IN NS ns2.hanglink.com.ff.
> ns1.hanglink.com.ff. IN A 10.10.10.2
> ns2.hanglink.com.ff. IN A 10.10.10.4
>

> Where can we find the RFC for delegated records and glue records?

	Read RFC's 1033, 1034 and 1035.  Glue records are *copies*
	of address records (A/AAAA).  CNAME's cannot be used as
	that would require a change to additional processing rules.

	Similarly NS RRsets in the parents are *copies* of those in
	in the child zone.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC