Bind Stats

Mon Jan 8 21:37:01 UTC 2007

Those figures are the number of query statistics since Bind was (re)started.

I don't know if it's the best way to do this, but at midnight every day
on my server I run a script which runs "rndc stats", restarts the Bind
service, then analyses the stats gathered from the "named.stats" file
(particularly it separates the values and adds them into a database
table against yesterday's date.)

This way as long as the script restarts Bind OK, I can find the number
of queries per day/month/hour/whatever per DNS server.

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834