Wildcards in reverse DNS

Sten Carlsen ccc2716 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sat Jan 6 23:15:40 UTC 2007

Karl Auer wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 23:08 +0100, Sten Carlsen wrote:
>
>> have two classes of addresses: public and private; the low 64 bits still
>> do little for addressing as I see it. Maybe I still need more details?
>>

> Hm. So having several million trillion addresses PER SUBNET (2^64) still
> isn't enough for you?

YES, if they were available. Since they are used for the MAC address
reall life will provide only ONE out of those 2^64.

MAC addresses are supposed to be unique so only one out of the possible
addresses will be used; except if privacy addresses are being taken into
account.

Or is there still something I have missed?

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: