Override transferred zone information?

Eric Jain Eric.Jain at isb-sib.ch
Thu Jan 4 12:17:59 UTC 2007

Just found the GeoDNS patch, seems like a great solution to a problem we
have (people linking to and bookmarking mirror web sites).

There is one problem, though: We use an external secondary DNS server
(easyDNS.com), which does not support GeoDNS. easyDNS uses automatic zone
transfers to keep itself up to date, so I was wondering if it is possible
to get BIND to return fallback zone information that easyDNS can understand
(e.g. a simple round robin setup on the secondary DNS would be fine)?

P.S. Please bear with me, I couldn't distinguish an AXFR from an IXFR, even
if they both hit me in the face...