BIND 9.3.2 on FreeBSD 6.1 out of control

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:21:03 UTC 2007

But when it reaches that limit, is there any reason why the named
process starts eating up all CPU time? The memory size, I can handle
(and control) -- it's the unexplained CPU usage that concerns me.

This server is a master for 143 domains, and will likely take on many
more. Is there a way I can see what's in the cache? I'd just like to
get an idea of how much memory each record takes up so I can do some
math for future planning on resource requirements.

Patrick