F5 and DNS

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 20 21:10:47 UTC 2007

We like to keep the query volume balanced between *data*centers* even
when work is being done on one or more nameservers in a particular data
center. So each data center gets a VIP and the traffic stays nice and
balanced even when we're doing maintenance.

This is using Cisco CSS'es, by the way, not F5s. But the same basic idea.

- Kevin