F5 and DNS

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Feb 20 18:19:28 UTC 2007

I believe you can so long as you have a secondary NIC in each to do the
transfers from master to slave.

However to everything on the VIP it's going to look like one server.
You'd have to make sure you only used the one VIP in your Registrars'
records.

However since DNS is designed to have two servers there doesn't seem to
be much reason to do the Big-IP load balance and failover in the first
place just for DNS.