New to the list with some zone transfer issues.

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Feb 2 02:13:08 UTC 2007

> Greetings.
>
> We've just upgraded from Bind 8.4.4 to Bind 9.3.3 and we are having
> some problems with zone transfer from rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org.

	Did you read doc/misc/migration?
	Do you have query-source set in named.conf?
	Is access to rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org IP or TSIG
	authenticated?

> Here is the message we see in the logs:
>
> > Feb  1 15:12:07 server.org.umn.edu named[29154]: [ID 873579
> > daemon.info] zone rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org/IN: refresh: unexpected
> > rcode (NXDOMAIN) from master 157.22.13.82#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0)

1446.   [func]          Implemented undocumented alternate transfer sources
                        from BIND 8.  See use-alt-transfer-source,
                        alt-transfer-source and alt-transfer-source-v6.

                        SECURITY: use-alt-transfer-source is ENABLED unless
                        you are using views.  This may cause a security risk
                        resulting in accidental disclosure of wrong zone
                        content if the master supplying different source
                        content based on IP address.  If you are not certain
                        ISC recommends setting use-alt-transfer-source no;

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org